Responsible for all technical aspects of the sales process including fact-finding, discussions, solution design, technical specification and pre-sales proposals.
An exceptional understanding of the enterprise Voice and Contact Centre landscape with particular knowledge of Mitel platforms both on-premise and cloud product set is expected.
Although product knowledge is assumed, excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex solutions in a simplistic manner to end users, departmental heads and c-level directors is essential. A combination of a confident approach with the ability to listen, digest and respond to queries is required to help maximise the sales opportunities.
Minimum of 3 years industry/manufacturer experience including product related qualifications for installations and ongoing support technology solutions.
Previous Experience working in a pre-sales/solution consultant role and experience in large bid support is advantageous.
Successful time spent with a competitor fulfilling this role would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with Mitel VoIP technologies (MiCD product vertical)
- Experience with Mitel applications (MiCollab, MSL, MBG, MiCC, Contact Centre, NuPoint, Multi Media, IVR, UCaaS, Virtualisation)
- Experience with 3rd party integrated applications (Call Redbox, Tollring, Xarios etc.)
- Experience with data networking technologies (LAN/WAN/MPLS)
- Extensive experience with VoIP related data protocols (SIP, DSCP, ALG etc.)
- High-level experience with data networking security (ACL, firewall rules)
- Solid high-level understanding of other general IT and Telecoms technologies
- Low-Level Data Networking design experience (ideally CCNA/CCNP)
- Knowledge of Cloud computing solutions (Azure, AWS, VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Experience with 8x8 solutions
- Experience with integrations to 3rd party services using open API (REST API, SQL, Twillio, Talkative, MiCC IVR and OM)
- Experience with related regulatory requirements (PCI, MIFID, ISO)
You must also possess an excellent thorough fault process mentality to correctly evaluate issues. Self-reliance on technical abilities and knowledge.
Must be a subject matter expert with extensive experience with systems and applications.
Engaging with clients to understand and capture their requirements and create a plan for appropriate methods and timescales for the required work.
Validating client designs to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
Consider the bigger picture, uncover business challenges and develop solutions with the customer.
Become the clients ‘trusted advisor’ for their communication needs.
Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions.
Ensuring the company’s product can deliver on the customer requirements.
Replying to customers following requests for proposals and information.
Presenting proposals to customers individually or as part of a team.
Providing ongoing support on design tweaks or future changes where required for customer’s post implementation.
Producing detailed costings and any potential ROI.
Ensure what we are proposing is deliverable and profitable.
Build a strong working relationship with the sales team, ensuring they understand the client’s requirements to create a relevant solution and service offering.
Ensure technical input into proposals in the correct format and is of an appropriate quality expected and required to win the business.
Working closely with the sales team on proposals and pitches for business.
Attending meetings with business development managers, acting as the Technical Expert.
Putting together Business cases for the sales teams to help support their proposal
Documentation and planning
Capture and document business and technical requirements for client and validate the design principles.
Ensuring documents clearly detail all the deliverables, items in scope, out of scope, expectations and assumptions.
Accurate hardware and software specifications and professional services implementation budgets with elements broken down.